What We Do
- Our exercise classes are held every Tuesday morning at 10:00 and at 11:30 at the Solihull Methodist Church Hall, Station Approach, Solihull.
- At 10:55 we meet for coffee and biscuits and a get-together.
- The exercise class is taught by Chris and is designed to help people with Parkinson's to keep active and supple.
- To arrange for taxis please contact Roy.
- There is a Yoga class designed for individuals with Parkinson's, but also open to the public, which takes place on Friday mornings from 11.30 am - 12.30pm at Solihull Library.
- Cost for members of Solihull branch is £1.00 per session, cost for non-members is £3.00 per session.
- Anyone interested should contact Margaret Clavin.
- Please note: there will be no classes on 18th and 25th August 2014.
- Tai Chi sessions are held every Thursday at 11.45 am at the Solihull Women's
Institute on the Warwick Road (opposite the House of Fraser).
- The cost is
£1.00 per session.
- Tai Chi has been recommended by GPs in the area and by
the Parkinson's nurses, as a beneficial activity for people with Parkinson's.
Wilson, the instructor, teaches a type of Tai Chi which has been designed for
people with movement disorders such as Parkinson's and arthritis.
- We help to pay for sitter services.
- We can pay 50% of the cost of up to two three-hour sessions per month, providing the actual cost does not exceed £17.50 per hour.
- Please contact us for futher details.
Bi-Monthly Socials (Thursday Evening)
- We hold regular social evenings every other month. We welcome new attendees.
- We have regular holidays for members: see below for more details.
- We can supply containers for the collection of 5p coins for Parkinson's research.
- Please contact Lynne Hurst for futher details.
- Please see our News page for details of our fundraising activities.
- February 7th, Tuesday, 11.00am (between exercise classes). Talk on CERS (Carers Emergency Response Service) in Solihull by Janice Price. Venue: Methodist Church Hall, Station Approach, Solihull. Contact: Lionel Humphries.
- February 16th, Thursday, 7.00pm. "Finding the Best Care" Talk by Geraldine Davies. Venue: Royal British legion, Warwick Road, Knowle. Contact: Maggie Smith
- February 27th, Monday, 10.00am. Moving and Handling Course for Carers by Ben Yates and Michelle Stoddard of Solihull Carers Centre. Venue: Mehodist Church Hall, Station Approach, Solihull. Contact: Lionel Humphries.
- March 7th, Tuesday, 11.00am (after the first exercise class) *Please note the change of date*. Branch Annual General Meeting. Venue: Methodist Church Hall, Station Approach, Solihull. Contact:Sheila Gaskell
- March 15th, Wednesday, Bowls 11.30am, Lunch, 12.30pm for 1.00pm. Venue: Solihull Municipal Bowling Club, Brick Kiln Lane. Contact: Margaret Clavin
- April 5th, 12.30pm. Skittles (and lunch). Venue: Hall Green Home Guard Club, Doveridge Road. Contact: Margaret Clavin
- April 20th, Thursday, 7.00pm. "The Funny Side of Parkinson's". Talk by Paul Mayhew-Archer. Venue: Royal British legion, Warwick Road, Knowle. Contact: Maggie Smith
- May 1st - 5th (Monday - Friday). Holiday to Nidd Hall. Cost £345. Contact: Margaret Clavin